Kindle for PC – An Inexpensive Alternative to eReaders
These days reading eBooks has become all the rage. No more heavy paperbacks or regular books to haul around to get your reading fix. The biggest problem with eBooks was that you had to buy a device to put them on so you could read them. As these devices became better and the quality improved, unfortunately the price for them went up to. A cheap alternative to purchasing one of these is to use your computer and its many features as a natural low cost eReader. Apps such as Kindle for PC make this very easy to do.
Kindle for PC is a free download for your computer that is simple and easy to install. It makes your computer and excellent eReader device because it has built in many of the features that the expensive hand held eReaders have too.
Kindle for PC compared to a Kindle Device
Here are the Kindle for PC features that are the same as you would find on a Kindle Device.
- Storage – The great thing about eReaders is they have enough storage to put several hundred books on them. Your computer with its advanced memory capabilities can do even better than that.
- Screen Settings – One of the most popular features of an eReader is that the user can adjust the screen to fit how they find the text easy to read. Your computer also has this capability because it has a large variety of resolution and brightness settings.
- Intangibles – With a Kindle device you can place bookmarks, do highlights, make notes, and they have a host of other convenient tools to perform many functions other functions too. The Kindle for PC enables your computer to become an eReader that has all of these same functions and more.
Disadvantages of Kindle for PC as Opposed to a Kindle Device
- The obvious thing here is size. A kindle device can be put in a backpack pouch or even in your back pocket. A laptop is much heavier to carry around and a personal computer is not even portable because it is so big.
- A Kindle device has one specific function as that of an eReader; whereas, your computer has many different functions so it takes time to point and click around your screen to get the Kindle for PC loaded and functioning.
So despite a few obvious drawbacks, the Kindle for PC app turns your computer into an inexpensive and quality eReader.